Horizon Drive Church Right-of-Way and Easement Vacations
Options for attending and submitting public comment for items on this agenda are listed here:
1. Provide a comment below by 6 p.m. on July 27.
2. Leave a phone message at 970-244-1590 by 4 p.m. on July 28. This message will be public testimony and will be played for the Planning Commission to consider in review of each application.
3. Attend the meeting virtually by clicking here.
4. Attend the meeting at City Hall, 250 N 5th Street. As recommended by Mesa County Public Health, those attending in person will be asked to wear a face mask. Other social distancing measures will be in place.
To view meeting live stream click here. (Available 6 p.m. on July 28, 2020).
Per Section 21.02.100 of the Zoning and Development Code, before an easement or street right-of-way vacation is approved, the following determinations shall be made:
(1) The Comprehensive Plan, Grand Junction Circulation Plan and other adopted plans and policies of the City;
(2) No parcel shall be landlocked as a result of the vacation;
(3) Access to any parcel shall not be restricted to the point where access is unreasonable, economically prohibitive, or reduces or devalues any property affected by the proposed vacation;
(4) There shall be no adverse impacts on the health, safety, and/or welfare of the general community, and the quality of public facilities and services provided to any parcel of land shall not be reduced (e.g., police/fire protection and utility services);
(5) The provision of adequate public facilities and services shall not be inhibited to any property as required in Chapter 21.06 GJMC; and
(6) The proposal shall provide benefits to the City such as reduced maintenance requirements, improved traffic circulation, etc
Your Question has been submitted.