Planning Commission Meeting
3 items ∙ Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 5:30pm
∙ Passed 7-0
∙ Agenda item 1 of 3
∙ Case: VAC-2023-567
Orchard Estates Easement Vacation
Consider a Request by Ruckman Holdings LLC, Terry Ruckman, to Vacate a Portion of a Public Utility Easement Located within the Orchard View Way Right-of-Way.
Development Application ( 6.1 MB )
Draft Resolution ( 0.59 MB )
Staff Report ( 0.13 MB )
Maps & Locations ( 1.7 MB )
Vacation of Easement
Each decision maker will follow the criteria below when voting on this item.
Per Section 21.02.100 of the Zoning and Development Code, before an easement or street right-of-way vacation is approved, the following determinations shall be made:
(1) The Comprehensive Plan, Grand Junction Circulation Plan and other adopted plans and policies of the City;
(2) No parcel shall be landlocked as a result of the vacation;
(3) Access to any parcel shall not be restricted to the point where access is unreasonable, economically prohibitive, or reduces or devalues any property affected by the proposed vacation;
(4) There shall be no adverse impacts on the health, safety, and/or welfare of the general community, and the quality of public facilities and services provided to any parcel of land shall not be reduced (e.g., police/fire protection and utility services);
(5) The provision of adequate public facilities and services shall not be inhibited to any property as required in Chapter 21.06 GJMC; and
(6) The proposal shall provide benefits to the City such as reduced maintenance requirements, improved traffic circulation, etc.
Comments are not being accepted on this item.