Planning Commission Meeting
2 items ∙ Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 5:30pm
∙ Approved 4-0
∙ Agenda item 2 of 2
∙ Case: VAR-2023-393
Mustang Ridge Sanitary Sewer Variance
Consider a Request by Brian R. and Stephanie Bray for a Variance to the GJMC Section 21.06.010(e), Subdivision Infrastructure Standards Regarding the Provision of a Sanitary Sewer System for the Mustang Ridge Simple Subdivision Located at 880 26 1/2 Road.
Development Application ( 3.4 MB )
Staff Report ( 0.13 MB )
Site Location Map and Photo ( 0.99 MB )
Proposed Mustang Ridge Subdivision Plat ( 0.79 MB )
Existing Sewer Service in Vicinity of Mustang Ridge Subdivision ( 0.39 MB )
Each decision maker will follow the criteria below when voting on this item.
Per Section 21.02.200 of the City Code, the Zoning Board of Appeals or Planning Commission shall base their decisions in consideration of the extent to which the applicant demonstrates that all of the following criteria have been met:
(1) There are exceptional conditions creating an undue hardship, applicable only to the property involved or the intended use thereof, which do not apply generally to the other land areas or uses within the same zoning district, and such exceptional conditions or undue hardship was not created by the action or inaction of the applicant or owner of the property;
(2) The variance shall not confer on the applicant any special privilege that is denied to other lands or structures in the same zoning district;
(3) The literal interpretation of the provisions of the regulations would deprive the applicant of rights commonly enjoyed by other properties in the same zoning district and would cause unnecessary and undue hardship on the applicant;
(4) The applicant and the owner of the property cannot derive a reasonable use of the property without the requested variance;
(5) The variance is the minimum necessary to make possible the reasonable use of land or structures;
(6) The granting of a variance shall not conflict with the purposes and intents expressed or implied in this code; and
(7) The granting of a variance shall not conflict with the goals, policies and guiding principles of the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
Comments are not being accepted on this item.