Planning Commission Meeting
5 items ∙ Tue, May 23, 2023 at 5:30pm
∙ Approved 5-0
∙ Agenda item 2 of 5
∙ Case: VAC-2022-643
The Enclave - ROW Vacation
Consider a request to vacate a 9,966 square foot area of right-of-way adjacent to the property located at 2345 West Ridges Boulevard.
Development Application ( 4.03 MB )
Staff Report ( 0.09 MB )
Draft Ordinance ( 0.39 MB )
Vacation of Public Right-of-Way
Each decision maker will follow the criteria below when voting on this item.
Per Section 21.02.100 of the Zoning and Development Code, before an easement or street right-of-way vacation is approved, the following determinations shall be made:
(1) The Comprehensive Plan, Grand Junction Circulation Plan and other adopted plans and policies of the City;
(2) No parcel shall be landlocked as a result of the vacation;
(3) Access to any parcel shall not be restricted to the point where access is unreasonable, economically prohibitive, or reduces or devalues any property affected by the proposed vacation;
(4) There shall be no adverse impacts on the health, safety, and/or welfare of the general community, and the quality of public facilities and services provided to any parcel of land shall not be reduced (e.g., police/fire protection and utility services);
(5) The provision of adequate public facilities and services shall not be inhibited to any property as required in Chapter 21.06 GJMC; and
(6) The proposal shall provide benefits to the City such as reduced maintenance requirements, improved traffic circulation, etc.
Comments are not being accepted on this item.