Planning Commission Meeting
5 items ∙ Tue, May 23, 2023 at 5:30pm
∙ Approved 6-0
∙ Agenda item 4 of 5
∙ Case: ZCA-2023-282
Zoning Code Amendment - Short Term Rental Regulations
Consider an amendment to the Zoning and Development Code Section 21.04.030 Use Specific Standards, specifically item (h) Short Term Rentals, and section 21.10.020 Terms Defined in the Grand Junction Municipal Code.
Staff Report ( 0.14 MB )
STR Existing Code ( 0.08 MB )
STR Code Clean ( 0.11 MB )
Draft Ordinance ( 0.16 MB )
Each decision maker will follow the criteria below when voting on this item.
Approval Criteria. In order to maintain internal consistency between this code and the zoning maps, map amendments must only occur if:
(1) Subsequent events have invalidated the original premises and findings; and/or
(2) The character and/or condition of the area has changed such that the amendment is consistent with the Plan; and/or
(3) Public and community facilities are adequate to serve the type and scope of land use proposed; and/or
(4) An inadequate supply of suitably designated land is available in the community, as defined by the presiding body, to accommodate the proposed land use; and/or
(5) The community or area, as defined by the presiding body, will derive benefits from the proposed amendment.